- A guide to criminal archetypes
- Crime schemes, plots and cons 101
- The Sha'tar Newcomer's Guide
- Gremgo's Guide on RP Events
- Tauren food guide
- A guide to Mage RP (work in progress)
- Arcane Spells for Fun and Profit
- A few words about demonic possession
- The Four Laws
- Heroic virtues, heroic flaws (Related to Brian's Archetypes guide)
- Villainous wiles, villainous flaws
- The Background Generator
- Goblin Priest - theory
- Medivh's Library
- A Paladin Code
- Druidic Shapeshifting
- The Big Book of Thieves
- Spirits of the Tauren
- Divine Domains of Azeroth
- The Enchantment of Items (IC guide)
- Dark Brotherhood Generator - quick creation guide for an evil guild
- Project Economy - article for think tank/brainstorming where everyone can put in their thoughts about Azeroth's economy, income, expenses and thelike.
- Elemental Affinities
- Guide to Curses - now with 20% more unholy glee.
- Mind Control Explained
- Resisting the Story
- Azeroth's Armies
- Simple Backgrounds for Beginners
- Advanced Character Themes
- Roleplayer types and motivations
Here's a feeble and probably futile attempt to make guides to RPing WoW races. The catches are: one, the guides are supposed to be based on one single template, i.e. they will be standardised. Two, let us try to make these guides as complete as possible reaching into the areas of each race Blizzard did not bother to explore and elaborate upon: psychology; detailed descriptions of religious and magical practices and styles unique to each race (i.e. how each race worships and casts); folklore, stories, heroes of past and present.
This naturally means that the areas of character developement Blizzard conceals will have to be filled with fanon, a logical extension of existing lore and assumptions based on existing lore and common sense.
Community work! If you feel an aspect of RP of a certain race looks so-and-so, don't hesitate to edit accordingly. If there is something written about it already, expand and elaborate. If you don't agree with the view presented, put your point foward at the discussion page.
As always, those guides will by no means be fully exhaustive nor will they become some sort of official rules.
Guides from other websitesEdit
Wowinsider.com class RP guides:Edit
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Death Knight
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Druid
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Hunter
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Mage
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Paladin
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Priest
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Rogue (Alliance) (Horde)
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Shaman (part 2)
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Warlock
- All the world's a stage: So you want to be a Warrior (Alliance/Horde)
Please don't treat these guides as an Alpha and Omega of roleplaying your class, more like suggestions it might be a good idea to adhere to.